I’m a big fan of quotations. I collect quotations from books to movies to lyrics and everything else that catch my attention. Here’s some that I’d like to share…
- No river can return to its source, yet all rivers must have a beginning – Native American Proverb
- Born to blossom, bloom to perish – Gwen Stefani
- Uno Mas? – Jackie Chan in Shanghai Noon (Thanks to Cat)
- You will know the worth of water when the well has run dry – Ben Franklin
- Of those who say nothing, few are silent – Anon
- The magic of first love is our ignorance that it can never end – Benjamin Disraeli
- Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point (The heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing) – Blaise Pascal
- With great power comes great responsibility – Spiderman
- Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal – Thomas Moore
- Attraction is always mistaken for love – Runaway Bride
- Fingers were made before forks, and hands before knives – Jonathan Swift
- My father taught me to work; he did not teach me to love it – Abe Lincoln
- Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do – Oscar Wilde
- There are two cardinal sins from which other springs: impatience and laziness – Franz Kafka
- An actor’s a guy who if you ain’t talking about him, ain’t listening – Marlon Brando
- Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt – Abe Lincoln
- It is as hard and severe a thing to be a true politician as to be truly moral – Francis Bacon
- Faith is like love: it cannot be forced – Arthur Schopenhauer
And my favourite quote:
Superman: Listen, what do you hear?
Lois Lane: Nothing.
Superman: I hear everything. You wrote that the world doesn’t need a savior, but everyday I hear people crying for one.