I love music of all sorts. I listen to all sorts of genres from everywhere in the world. From the Polynesian drumbeat to the best of Hollywood. If I’m not me, I’d most probably be a songwriter (not a singer… I’m an ‘in-car’ singer…) or a musician. IMO, some of the best songs comes from Asia. Here are some of my favorite:
- Yuki no Hana by Mika Nakashima – I love the melody. Beautiful song. Click here if you wanna listen to her singing it live.
- Cinta Kita by Maman – Not many people know this song. Excellent singer, excellent lyrics, and one of the best malay song imo.
- Qian Li Zhi Wai by Jay Chou & Fei Yu Qing – I’m not a Jay Chou fan but I think this song is very unique. Maybe it’s the combination between his modern voice and the operatic voice of the other person. Checkout the video here.
- Bogoshipda by Kim Bum Soo – It’s the soundtrack for Stairways to heaven. I get super-emo everytime I hear the song. It’s all because of the stupid drama. Terribly sad drama…
- Stay Away by L`Arc~En~Ciel – One of the best Japanese rock group. The video is excellent.
- Parrot by Howl – Very weird video but the song is just haunting.
- Fantasia Bulan Madu by Search – No one can sing like Amy Search. This is one of the best ever written malay song in history.