I went to see The X-Files and The Dark Knight on the same day… Craysee ain’t I? Heh…
Lemme start with The X-Files. If you ARE an X-Files fan and certified geek, it’s worth your time. Don’t listen to all the bad reviews… But then again, my movie taste is a little off the charts. What I find interesting might not be likable to others. The best part about the movie? Mulder is funny as usual… Scully looks a lot older. I love their chemistry. The storyline? It’s 100% sci-fi and one of the creepiest X-Files I’ve ever seen throughout the 10 seasons. My grade? B+…
Now… The Dark Knight… I agree with Cat. It’s overrated and a bit too long. BUT, no one can say anything bad about The Joker. He’s the coolest psycho killer ever! The character is so cruel and unpredictable. He’s just the coolest villain ever. I love the fact that he is clumsy and very much suicidal. Batman? The raspy voice is just sooooooooooooo sexy. I’m so gonna marry him if he talks like that all the time. The Batpod is my dream-bike now. I know everyone says The Joker overshadowed Batman in this movie but IMO, that is the whole thing about the storyline. Like what commissioner Gordon was saying at the end to his son, ‘he is the watchful eyes behind the shadow’… To conclude; Batman is the hero that never wins. My favorite quote from the Joker; ‘Do I look like a guy with a plan?’… Hahahaha! And the nurse outfit?! Hahahahahah! My grade for this movie? A- (just because it was too long).
Yes… We were (are still?!) visited by this thing called H@#$#F$#^%M*@!#D again. No, not me… Baby K this time. Soooo kesian, I kno! It started somewhere last Friday and we didn’t get to sleep on the first nite. The second nite, we slept but in a very, very interesting position. I was sitting down and she was sleeping in between my legs with her arms around my leg. Last nite, after a loooooong nite of crying and wat-not, she slept peacefully, but me, being a paranoid mother, kept checking her temperature and ended up not sleeping well. Today, she is as new as a brand new watever! So how’s your weekend?
I’ve been dying and super-dying about wanting to go and watch the new Batman movie. With the raving comments from almost every single entertainment site, the itchiness to play hooky and watch it in the middle of the week is absurdly high. We TRIED to watch it last Sunday (I kno… Selfish parents leaving their HFMD child at home and go have fun…). We only have time for the 11am show and guess what? The queue was so long it went from the counter to China! So bloody disappointed with Malaysians right now. What happened to waking up after 1pm on a weekend haaa?!!!!
So to those who have seen my men in action (Christian Bale and Batman – 2 separate men in my life), do not gloat for you shall be struck by lightning if you do so! I still love you people tho… 🙂
WARNING: This post will bring back memories and side effect might consist of smiling, blank stare (daydreaming), blank stare (trying to remember song lyrics), blank stare (trying to make sense as to why we used to have those ugly posters on our desk…)…
I’ve recently found some extra time to browse through my CD/tape collections, dated as far back as 1992. A lot of Nirvanas, NKOTBs, Color Me Badds, and the Megahit Collections. I was soooo into mix tape as well back then. I think it was easier to have all your favourite songs in a tape, or else you’ll end having to carry 5 tapes and a huge bulky walkman around. Back in 5N, I remember that almost everyone will wear tudung during prep (and kelas Puan Nora). Why? Sebab semua orang would be listening to their walkman. We used to be so in love with Flyguy as well. I must say, we have good taste for high-schoolers (back then la… Flyguy was kewl!).
Here are some of my favourites back then:
- Close to Heaven by CMB (I used to be so in love with Mark Calderon)
- Forever love by CMB (Fehlong gell!)
- More than words by The Extremes (Nuno Bettencourt was the hottest ever! The hair was soooo Vidal Sassoon…)
- Come as you are by Nirvana (I still have most of their songs in my iPod.)
- I’ve been waiting for you by Guys Next Door (Damon Sharpe was my favourite because he was cute.)
- Rush Rush by Paula Abdul (Still one of my favourite up till now.)
- Nothing but the radio on by Dave Coz & Gary Allan (The sexiest song back then.)
- Kiss from a rose by Seal (Batman punya pasal…)
- Baby I believe in you by NKOTB (Remember the concert? With Jordan Knight wearing the white unbuttoned shirt?)
- Goodnight girl by Wet Wet Wet (I love this group. Very hard to find their old albums nowadays.)
Cukup la buat masa ni. If not, everyone won’t be able to concentrate on work at all….
Ly-d opened a whole new can of worms by mentioning ‘ARAGORN’…
He’s scruffy and looks smelly but I bet he is the pure definition of what a man should be.
Here’s a list of MY manly men:
- Aragorn – Of course he’s on top of my list… My beautiful dirty man.
- Wolverine – He’s the love of my mutant life. From the weird hair to the blades coming out from his hands. He’s a lumberjack man (the spitting and the cigar… very lumberjack indeed!)
- Luke Danes – Luke from Luke’s diner in Gilmore Girls. Another typical manly man. With the plaid shirts and his backward baseball cap. Very romantic but in denial man. Very handy to have one like this at home… Heh…
- Keanu Reeves – This particular one is because of his gruntings. He grunts a lot (I think…). And not to mention that he’s gorgeous as well.
- Tristan in Legends of The Fall – Need I say more?!!!
Whilst the government and the police are busy with the non-existent rally by the Pakatan Rakyat, which causes a massive jam this bustling Monday morning, I am very much occupied with my obsession towards the Narnia boys. I just saw Prince Caspian last nite (whaaat?!! After how many months already???). So now, I am torn between Prince Caspian and King Peter.
Let us start with Prince Caspian… He is exotically attractive. The face is just so beautiful and I love the chin a**… Not fancying the voice tho… But still very, very acceptable…
And then, there’s King Peter. His looks; very english. I love his voice and in the movie, he suits the royal status better than Caspian. He’s more charismatic. And the english accent never fails to attract my attention.
So who to choose? If I am 17 and have to choose between the 2 royals, definitely Peter.
My review of the movie? I loved it! When Aslan came out from death (or wherever), I gave him a standing ovation. He is just sooo majestic. I think our leaders should watch Narnia and try to be like Aslan. A leader who is so respected that his majestic self can only be potrayed as a myth (Liam Neeson’s voice is too haunting… Very, very sexy for a lion…).