In my opinion, another good week for the AI. Not only because half of them did a good job, also due to Gwen Stefani. I think she’s one of the most excellent artist. She definitely don’t have the voice, but the ‘package’ is great. Funky songs that don’t require you to be vocally ‘Mindy-Doody’ (another new vocab which means professionally excellent singer), fashionably fantastic, very unique style (rambut, makeup…etc..), and not to mention a very beautiful husband (he was gorgeous in Constantine!). But enough about Gwen Stefani. My time on the PC now is 7.21pm and it’s only 21 minutes past the AI in astro. I have a few ‘surprises’, so can’t wait to share my thoughts with you folks. Same as always, my list from top to bottom.
- Mindy Doo – Some might feel her song choice was too boring but I love it. At least she don’t sing sobsob songs like ‘Jiggly Scarnato’…
- Phil Stacey – One of my ‘surprises’ this week. I love the whole thing. From the song choice, to the vocal. I tot he did well by sticking to the original version.
- Gina G – Second surprise… Rocker Chick Wannabe (RCW) did very well by choosing that song. Suits her voice. She should stick to singing that type of mellow rock songs instead of Chris Daughtry’s type of rock.
- Chris R – Nasal boy did ok. The song don’t suit him that much but I like the performance. He still sounds very nasal tho…
- Jordin – What’s with the Britney Spears outfit? She vocally reminds me of Christina Aguilera. She got a very good voice but not liking the song.
- Sanjaya – OH MY GOD! This is the highest that he could ever get from me. Unbelievable… The vocal was not good, and he kept messing up the lyrics, but the whole performance kept me sane this time around. I think it’s the song. Bathwater is my favourite No Doubt song. and I love the hair too. The mohawk was cute… —-> I must really be out of my mind tonight!
- Lakisha – Typical of her type of performance. She and Mindy Doo have the tendency to sing ‘black’ songs (not racist aaa… I meant song for big voices..). I kno that they shouldn’t be risking their week with changing their song pattern but it’s too predictable. The only difference between her and Mindy Doo is the charisma of the performance. She lacks it…
- Chris S – This dude is really falling apart. Now I feel that the jokes he make is a part of an act to win people’s vote. Very the fake… The performance was not good at all!
- Blake – I don’t get the whole idea of the performance. Maybe I’m not familliar with the song but it was too boring. I like Blake but tonight I just don’t get the performance. Like Simon, I think I have different preferences of song choice for all of them.
- Haley – Jiggly was the only contestant that didn’t put up a fight tonight. Very Celine Dionish type of performance. Everyone was trying to be hip and up-tempo and she came out like singing the national anthem. Tsktsktsk…
My prediction: Either Haley or Chubby Chris goes home. No amount of jiggling could save Haley tonight. Sanjaya will stay because of the hair and again, quoting Mr Cowell, whatever the judges say about him don’t have any effect on the voters. Either people kesian him or just like to see him as a joke subject.
And since I’m off tomorrow, I’ll think of my ideal song for the contestants (yes… I’m that bored….)
A special ‘Hi’ to Ida Z who just notify me that she is one of my friends who actually visits my blog…
Also to one of the loves of my life, Marina; once u come back to KL, we’ll go the zoo to checkout the geeses and the ducks… :p
Takziah to my schoolmate who just lost her husband to Leukimia… Semoga tuhan mencucuri rahmat ke atas roh Arwah. Hopefully she’ll get thru this tough time with prayers and love from families and friends……. My heart and doa goes out to her and her little girl…
p/s: Can’t help thinking about the ‘what ifs’….. I hope I’ll go first before Abu. Can’t imagine life without him…
I enjoyed tonight’s show not just because most of them sang nicely, but because the song selections were fantastic. So here’s my komens…… Listed below from my fave to the least:
- Mindy Doo – The song choice was absurdly boring but she kept me playing the performance clip in youtube for almost 10 times in 30 minutes. Not a tune sang badly.
- Chris Richardson – Nasal boy did his homework very well. I love the song and the performance. So sexy…
- Jordin Sparks – Like Simon, I feel like my love life was ending and the sun will never shine again. The emotion was good and the vocal was even better. Not liking the song choice of you don’t get my first sentence.
- Blake Lewis – Only one word could describe the whole performance: ZIAHLICIOUS (quirky, weird, excellent, super sexy vibe… Cat, don’t even think about rolling your eyes! Ben, haha! Funny! I’m not referring myself as ‘sexy’. It’s just the word ‘ziahlicious’ sounded like ‘sexy’)
- Chris Sligh – The song was good, his vocal wasn’t that bad, but not a favourite to me.
- Gina Glocksen – Again, it’s the song that I like, not her. She sucked big time. She ‘s trying too hard to be a rocker chick.
- Lakisha – I don’t like her attitude. Last week, she asked Diana Ross for advise on using the mic stand, and didn’t take it. And this week, she asked Lulu’s opinion on song choice and didn’t take it. This type of people will be divas once they’re out there. The song choice was okay. The vocal was just fine. We all kno she can sing.
- Stephanie Edwards – Kesian her… She got talent but no taste. Song choice was bad. She’s also trying too hard to be like Lakisha and Mindy Doo. Sing all this sobsob songs and sounded very old. And what’s with the boots and satin dress? Even I kno those 2 don’t match…
- Phil Stacey – He got voice. the only problem is, he’s not likeable enough.
- Haley – As per Janice, she might be safe tonight because her boobies were bouncing all over the place. That should be the remeberence point for her.
- Sanjaya – Dear God! Why are the Americans punishing us with another week of him?!
My verdict: Sanjaya’s safe because of the song choice. Either Phil or Stephanie or Haley will be booted out.
I just want to say hello to everyone… Had a tiring week, with all the low blood pressure drama, the ‘oh-so-busy’ days of not answering calls but doing up the ESAT board @ the ofis, wasting of time waiting for the top 12 American Idol performance… etc…etc… Very, very tiring indeed!
I have nothing to say about the Idol this week. I only liked Melinda and Lakisha’s performance as usual. I had the urge of pulling Sanjaya’s hair off his head. He needs to wipe off that fake smile he’s wearing everytime on stage. Brandon deserves to go out because he sucks! Chris Sligh and Blake should stop trying to arrange songs. They need to start singing it. Phil Stacy needs to stop trying to be like Chris Daughtry. So does Gina Glocksen… Chris Richardson should remove his nose, so that he doesn’t sound nasal. Jordin is one huge girl (or Ryan Seacrest is one really small dude…). And watever her name is needs to stop asking for sympathy… Oh! Haley… Her name is Haley. Ryan is the coolest, Randy is cool, Paula is drugged (in my opinion), and I love Simon Cowell….
Special ‘aloha’ to Benjamin (where’s your pink shirt? Stop wearing those green pants that looked like Legolas’s tights), Cat (y’know the dude in GQ? The one you labelled ‘there’s something wrong with him’? I think he’s blind… Otherwise, no man would ever get caught with THAT look), Nina (I long for a vacation since last year…. sobsob…), Esah (kau suda start cuti ka?), the girl in my tummy (stop kicking my navel. And mind you, my bladder is not a toy. You cannot squeeze it as you like…), Abu (I want to eat Bobob’s burger… No! I want to eat PAMA mi… No! I want to eat ice cubes… yes… Ice cubes yummy…), Boo (we need to sit down and I need to ‘download’ you with the essence of fraud analysis.. heheh…), Ly-D (how’s the breastfeeding going?)…
Everyone else; I am one moody very pregnant person. I apologize if anyone ambil hati these few weeks with me.. It’s the hormone. I’m not usually a b***h. :p